Hy, Welcome to today’s article. Today I will talk about What is WordPress?, So Many articles About WordPress have been published in Google, but I will try to tell something about this topic so let’s get started.
What Is WordPress?
Simply put WordPress is just a software that you use to build your very own website or blog and publish it on the Internet. it is also called a content management system or CMS for you tech whizzes out there that like the lingo. it was created back in 2003 and since then it has become one of the most popular website publishing programs in the world. in fact WordPress powers 30% of the Internet that’s a lot of freaking websites and guess.
What The Best Part Is?
it’s free. why? because WordPress is an open source software meaning that there are thousands of software engineers out there that are working on it every day to make it better and better
so shout out to those silent Guardians watchful protectors those this is a Batman quote.
the beauty of WordPress is that you’re able to choose from eleven thousand different themes which just template layouts that determine the look and style of your website you’re able to
tweak all of the text including fonts and font sizes.
you can create buttons you can upload your images and videos, and much more you can also choose from over 55,000 plugins and widgets to help optimize the functionality of your website.
so this is for people that want to maybe start a store or open up a gallery or whatever it is on their website there’s an endless opportunity. Oh, and building your website with WordPress is all online. so you can build your website from anywhere that you are as long as you have an internet connection. so how does WordPress work?
How Does WordPress Work?
well back when the internet was still somewhat of a new thing the only way to make a website was to use Code in HTML or PHP format. and your web browser would just interpret this code into colors and text and spaces that would form your website.
Well, WordPress works exactly like this except no coding basically it takes any change that you make on your website and up the code for you and then updates your website. so never touching coding thank God because that stuff is like Japanese to me I’m American now.
if you’re looking to make your first website? you may or may not have noticed that there’s a wordpress.com and a wordpress.org.
So you might be wondering well which one should I choose?
Well, wordpress.com is where you can go to make a free website with their web hosting. but there’s a catch actually there are several catches.
- First, your website could be deleted at any time. if WordPress feels that you have violated their Terms of Service for any reason this is because.
- Number two you can’t use ads to make money with your website.
- Number three you can’t upload any plugins which help you optimize the functionality of your website.
- Number four you can’t upload a customizable theme you only have their limited options.
- Number five you do not own your domain name. so it will say something like (your domain name).wordpress.com and you’re likely here because.
You want to make your first website with your very own unique domain name and no limitations?
if that’s the case you’re gonna want to be self-hosted and use WordPress.org which is just where you can download their free software.
let me explain by being…
- Self-hosted you have access to thousands of plugins.
- You have a unique domain name that you own yourself.
- You have the ability to monetize your website with ads.
- you have the option to create an online store or blog.
- and you have complete customization over your website.
So how do you create a self-hosted website with WordPress? You Just simply search on Google or YouTube Type: How to create a create a self-hosted website with WordPress? You will get lots of results which is how you can create a self-hosted website using WordPress.Org.